Save Energy & Costs with IsoBoost
IsoBoost is a hydraulic system that recovers pressure energy, reduces power consumption and increases the reliability of pumping systems.
By replacing a pump and motor system with the simple and efficient IsoBoost, plants can expect millions of dollars in energy savings and a big drop in maintenance over the life of a plant.
With IsoBoost, plants save up to 50% of electric power costs.
The core of IsoBoost is a proprietary liquid-to-liquid turbocharger. With three times the reliability of a traditional pump, the turbocharger recovers energy from the letdown of a high-pressure fluid and transfers it to a low-pressure fluid to reduce the energy required for pumping.
– Save with Sour Gas Removal
– Target CO2 Removal
– Reduce Grid Reliance
- Save energy – Reduce plant operation costs
- Improve reliability, availability, maintainability
- Lower carbon footprint and emissions to comply with regulations
- Explore new options in plant design
- Mitigate risk of electricity price fluctuations
- 10 year mean time to failure (MTTF) three times the 2.9 year MTTF of a typical high pressure pump
- Up to 80% efficiency
- Always at best efficiency point (BEP) within operating range
- Only one moving part
- No shafts exiting the casing
- No Shaft seals, no seal leaks possible
- No seal support systems
- No alignment required
- Bearings self-lubricated by process fluid
- No external oil lubrication systems
- Rotating assembly speed unconstrained and self-regulating
- Very low vibration
Plants can save up to 50% of total electric power consumption for the acid gas removal circuit.