Founded as Southern Engine and Pump Company in 1908, DXP was re-chartered in 1979 as Sepco Industries and renamed DXP Enterprises, Inc. in 1996. Over the years, we have strengthened our ability to support our customers by acquiring a diverse group of companies with a powerful corporate focus on product expertise, technical services and MROP supply chain management.
Today, DXP is a publicly traded professional distribution management company that provides products and services to a variety of industries through its Innovative Pumping Solutions (IPS), Supply Chain Services and MROP Products and Services.
DXP continues to stay on the leading edge of technology, training and products while attracting and retaining the best employees. Our corporate strategy is simply to be the best solution for the industrial customer.
The following summarizes significant events since management acquired the Company in 1986.
- May 2014: Machinery Tooling & Supply "MT&S" is a leading distributor of state-of-the-art cuttings tools, abrasives, coolants, machine shop and industrial & safety supplies. Founded in 1998, MT&S is headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois and operates out of two locations (Schaumburg and Brookfield, Wisconsin). MT&S is focused on serving customers in the oil & gas, general machining, automotive, power generation and industrial markets with approximately 52 employees.
- January 2014: B27, LLC ("B27") was founded in 1978 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. B27 is a global supplier of sophisticated pump and integrated flow control solutions serving the oil & gas, power generation, air quality and other industrial markets. B27 has approximately 342 employees and provides a complete suite of rotating equipment products and services including distribution, testing, repair and maintenance, remanufacturing, manufacturing and leading engineering and design services.
- July 2013: Tool-Tech Industrial Machine & Supply, Inc. ("Tool-Tech") is a leading distributor of state-of-the-art cuttings tools, abrasives, coolants, machine shop and industrial supplies. Founded in 1999, Tool-Tech is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas and operates out of a single location. Tool-Tech is focused on serving customers in the oil & gas, general machining, aerospace, automotive, and industrial markets with approximately 13 employees.
- July 2013: Alaska Pump & Supply, Inc. ("Alaska Pump") is a leading distributor of pump products, process equipment and services for commercial, municipal, and industrial applications within Alaska. Founded in 1978, Alaska Pump is headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska and operates out of a single location. Alaska Pump is focused on serving customers in the oil & gas, petrochemical, municipal, power generation, marine and general industrial markets with approximately 26 employees.
- May 2013: Tucker Tool Company, Inc. ("Tucker Tool") is a leading distributor of state-of-the-art cuttings tools, abrasives, coolants and machine shop supplies. Founded in 1979 and incorporated in 1997, Tucker Tool is headquartered in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and operates out of a single location. Tucker Tool is focused on serving customers in the chemical, oil & natural gas, power generation, general engineering and transportation markets.
- April 2013: National Process Equipment Inc. ("NatPro") is Canada's largest national distributor of pumps, service and repairs, integrated systems packages, compressors and related process equipment. Founded in 1998, NatPro is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta and operates out of eight locations across Eastern and Western Canada. NatPro is focused on serving customers in the oil & gas, municipal, fire, mining and general industrial markets.
- October 2012 - Founded in 1977, Jerzy Industries is headquartered in Houston, Texas and operates out of three locations with approximately 27 employees. Jerzy is focused on serving customers in the chemical, oil & gas, refining and general industrial markets. Jerzy specializes in providing industrial, hydraulic, breathing air and stainless steel hose, adaptors, valves, quick disconnect couplers, fittings and all associated products.
- July 2012 - HSE Integrated - HSE Integrated Ltd. is Canada's largest industrial safety services company. HSE offers a complete suite of industrial health and safety services including: onsite safety supervision, gas detection, fixed and mobile air quality monitoring, breathing equipment rentals and services, fixed and mobile firefighting and fire protection services and equipment, worker shower (decontamination) services, onsite medical services, first aid, emergency medical response, worker safety training, industrial hygiene services, and safety consulting and supervision.
- June 2012 - Austin & Denholm Industrial Sales Alberta - ADI - Alberta is a leading distributor of industrial pumps and process equipment in Alberta. Founded in 1996, Austin & Denholm Industrial Sales Alberta is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta and operates out of 2 locations in Calgary and Edmonton. ADI - Alberta is focused on serving customers in the broad industrial and oil & gas markets in Alberta.
- May 2012 - Industrial Paramedic Services - IPS is the leading provider of industrial medical and clinical services to clients operating in remote locations and large facilities in Alberta. Founded in 1995, Industrial Paramedic Services is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta and operates out of 3 locations in Calgary, Nisku and Dawson Creek. IPS is focused on serving customers in the oil and gas, forestry, mining and construction markets in Alberta with a substantial footprint in the Alberta Oil Sands.
- April 2012 - ALEDCo & Force - Aledco & Force are leading distributors of industrial, sanitary and oilfield pumps and process equipment in Pennsylvania and New York State. Founded in 1983, Aledco is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania and operates out of two locations (Allentown and Wysox) with approximately 22 employees. Aledco & Force are focused on serving customers in the oil & gas, water and waste water treatment, pharmaceutical and general industrial markets.
- February 2012 - Pump & Power - Pump & Power is a leading distributor of industrial and municipal pump products and services in the Midwest. Founded in 1968, Pump & Power is headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas and operates out of a single location. Pump & Power is focused on serving customers in the industrial and municipal markets with approximately 10 employees. Industrial customers served include food processing / production, engineering, energy and construction firms. Municipal customers include water and municipal and wastewater treatment plants.
- 2012 (January 31st) - DXP Enterprises, Inc. announces the acquisition of substantially all the assets of Mid-Continent Safety, LLC, a leading distributor of safety products in the Midwest. Mid-Continent is focused on serving customers in the oil & gas, refining, power and general industrial markets. Mid-Continent provides safety instrumentation, fall and hand protection and other related safety products with about 19 employees.
- 2011 (December 30th) - DXP Enterprises, Inc. announces the acquisition of substantially all the assets of C.W. Rod Tool Company ("CW Rod"), a leading distributor of state-of-the-art cuttings tools, abrasives, coolants and machine shop supplies.
- 2011 (October 12th) DXP announced the completion of the acquisition of substantially all the assets of Kenneth Crosby ("KC"), a leading distributor of cuttings tools, abrasives, fasteners, gauges and industrial tools. Founded in 1946, Kenneth Crosby is headquartered in Rochester, New York and operates out of five locations in the New York and Massachusetts area. Kenneth Crosby is focused on serving customers in the power generation, medical, pharmaceutical and general industrial markets. Kenneth Crosby goes to market as both an integrated supply and traditional branch based operator and has approximately 56 employees and 5 locations: Scranton, PA, Linden, NJ, Springfield, MA and Baltimore, MD.
- 2011 (May 13th) The Atlanta BDC facility, started DC operations to provide service for customers throughout the south east.
- 2010 (December 3rd) DXP announced the completion of the acquisition of D&F Distributors, Inc. (“D&F”). D&F is headquartered in Indiana and operates out of six locations in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee and Ohio. D&F distributes and services industrial, commercial and municipal pumps and fabricates pump packages; Evansville, IN; Louisville, KY ; Nashville, TN; Indianapolis, IN; Columbus, OH; and Cleveland, OH are the six locations that D&F operates out of in the US.
- 2010(April) DXP finalizes the acquisition of Quadna. Quadna is headquartered in Arizona and operates out of eight locations in Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Mexico, Nevada and Utah. Quadna distributes and services fluid and air handling pumps and fabricates pump packages. Quadna provides customized and innovative solutions to industrial, commercial and municipal customers for a vast array of oil, gas, power, water, air, sludge and chemical applications.
- 2008 (December) DXP finalizes acquisition of Falcon Pump and Supply, a company who serves the oil and gas industries by fabricating portable water injection and disposal pump packages. Several types of pumps are available through Falcon Pump and add to DXP’s continuously growing pump product line. This acquisition increases DXP’s place in the pump industry by adding new markets and customers in the Rocky Mountains region.
- 2008 (September) DXP finalizes the acquisition of PFI, LLC, a fastener distribution company, to the DXP Family. This acquisition provides DXP Companies access to purchase inch size corrosion resistant (stainless) fasteners, metric fasteners in both corrosion resistant (Stainless) and carbon steel and other products PFI, LLC represents or manufactures. This acquisition further diversifies DXP’s inventories and provides even greater product availability to customers while adding new markets to DXP.
- 2008 (February) DXP finalized the strategic acquisition of the assets of Rocky Mtn. Supply, Inc., a business which provides bearings, power transmission, belting, industrial and hydraulic hose, and industrial supplies. This acquisition adds several key components to DXP's value propositions by adding new markets, products, customers and Service Centers that have access inventories at the point of sale with a high level of customer service and a culture that complements DXP's.
- 2007 (October) DXP finalized acquisition of Indian Fire & Safety. This acquisition added value by strengthening DXP’s safety proposition in New Mexico and Texas.
- 2007 (September) Finalized strategic acquisition of Precision Industries expanding its geographic presence and added value by strengthening DXP’s supply chain service proposition. Precision Industries, a Nebraska based company was founded in 1945 with considerable experience and success in supply chain management.
- 2007 (May) DXP acquired Delta Process Equipment, one of the Southeastern United States' top suppliers of industrial and municipal pump equipment and services. This acquisition added value by strengthening DXP's position by diversifying its customer base in the municipal, wastewater and downstream industrial pump markets while adding new product lines and allowing DXP to leverage synergies across new geographic areas (At the time of the acquisition, Delta Process' territory stretched from Louisiana to Florida and north to Tennessee).
- 2006 (November) The strategic acquisition of Safety Alliance, a Farmington, New Mexico, company which provides safety and environmental consulting and training services as well as safety equipment sales and rental, was finalized. The acquisition, along with the recent addition of Safety International, positioned DXP to be a significant provider of high-end safety services in the energy and mining sectors.
- 2006 (October) The strategic acquisition of Gulf Coast Torch and Regulator, a full service distributor of welding supplies in Houston, Texas, was completed. The acquisition complemented the company’s MROP, IPS and B2B units by adding product expertise and procurement cost savings in the welding area.
- 2006 (October) The acquisition of Safety International, a company providing safety and environmental consulting and training services as well as safety equipment sales, service and rental, added value by strengthening DXP’s safety positioning in the Odessa/Midland, Cleburne and panhandle areas of Texas. The acquisition also complemented the company’s pump business in those areas.
- 2006 (June) The strategic acquisitions of Production Pump and Machine Tech, west Texas companies that specialize in pumping equipment for all types of oilfield, pipeline and municipalities, strengthened DXP’s position in the upstream oil and gas and pipeline business.
- 2006 (April) DXP expanded its fabrication facility in Houston, Texas by 37,125 square feet to 78,375 square feet. This addition significantly increased DXP’s capacity to provide quality pumps and pump packages to its customers.
- 2005 (December) DXP completed the acquisition of the R.A. Mueller Company founded in 1952. The acquired company is in the fluid transfer, mixing and metering business serving the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and West Virginia regions. The acquisition complied with DXP’s corporate strategy to increase shareholder returns by growing revenues internally and externally while maximizing profits.
- 2005 - The company expands its Ballistic Distribution Center in Houston, Texas by 20,000 square feet to 54,000 square feet.
- 2005 (August) DXP acquired PMI, a Houston, Texas company that specializes in remanufacturing pumps and pumping equipment. The strategic acquisition added value to DXP’s Innovative Pumping Solution group by enabling the company to offer quick turnaround on a variety of pumping needs.
- 2005 The Rocky Mountain Compressor, Inc. acquisition expanded DXP’s technical services offering in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- 2004 The James S. Kone and Company acquisition provided territory expansion and made DXP the exclusive Goulds distributor in the Texas panhandle and provided the opportunity to take all product offerings to the region.
- 2002 Consolidation of operating systems completed. DXP reduced the number of operating systems from five to one.
- 2001 Sold Tri-Electric due to inconsistencies in target market.
- 2000 Company leased 34,000 square foot distribution center in Houston, Texas, which serves as the Company’s Ballistic Distribution Center (BDC).
Internet business began operations in May 2000 with original product offerings including general mill and bearing power transmission equipment.
- 2000 Implementation of reengineering plan begins with the consolidation of certain warehouse and customer service functions (Customer First Center) into Houston, Texas.
- 1999 Sold valve and valve automation division due to inconsistencies with reengineered business model (acquisition prior to 1986).
- 1998 Initial development of E-Commerce Platform
- 1998 DXP acquired the assets of Tri–Electric and Lucky Electric adding electrical products to its offerings.
- 1998 DXP finalized the strategic acquisition of M.W. Smith.
- 1997 DXP acquired Strategic Supply further adding to the general mill and safety product line and providing the Company with a geographic presence in the Rocky Mountains region. The acquisition also provided the original framework for the “SmartSource” integrated supply program.
- 1997 DXP acquired Pelican State Supply Company adding the safety and general mill product line and expanded the geographic presence into Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- DXP was formed to effect a consolidation of Sepco Industries and Newman Communication Corporation pursuant to which DXP became a public Company.
- 1996 Sepco acquired the assets of Austin Bearing Company, which expanded bearing and power transmission distribution market share in southern Texas.
- 1995 DXP acquired Bayou Pump Company in Arkansas expanding its geographic presence.
- 1990-1992 Purchased T. L. Walker Bearing Co., Jackson’s Industrial Supplies and Cunningham Bearing Co. which expanded product offering to include bearing and power transmission equipment.
- 1987 Purchased Shoreline Supply and Wesco Equipment, Inc. with the combined entity becoming the dominant industrial pump distributor in Texas, Louisiana, and New Mexico.